Wednesday 15 February 2012

Interview: Ben Newman.

Here at 1973 we love Ben Newman's bright and geometric illustrations. The Bristol graduates fun and bold approach to design results in vibrant and striking imagery. He was kind enough to answer our quick 10. 







What is your greatest achievement? 
Finally getting to the point where I create imagery for a living so that I never dread getting out of bed.

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it? 
Bold, Bright, Simple.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self? 
That when I was 20, I should have bought a ticket to Fugazi even if I had to go by myself. They've been on hiatus since the end of that tour. Definitely one of my biggest regrets. 

Who would you most like to collaborate with? 
Not so much a specific person but I'd love to collaborate with more animators. 

What is the worst job you have ever had? 
Putting window hinges together on a conveyer belt or delivering milk around all the wards at Cheltenham hospital. Both were not much fun. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life? 
The Cookie Monster.

What is the greatest song of all time? 
'The Devil' by PJ Harvey.

What do you dislike most about popular culture? 
Talentless people earning short lived money and fame because someone filmed them being mean to someone else. 

What is the greatest invention of all time? 
The Russian Space Pen.

If you didn't do what you do. What would you do? 
Drink Heavily. 


all images courtesy of www.bennewman.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment