Wednesday 23 May 2012

Interview: Jack Hudson.


What is your greatest achievement? 
Having had the opportunity to work with clients such as Google Chrome and Channel 4 within my first two years freelancing. It has made me feel very grateful and also pretty fortunate!

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Playful, long legged characters bouncing around in a world that's rich in both colour and texture, sending positive vibes to all. 

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Carry on skateboarding, don't be so sensible at school, get your haircut. 

Who would you most like collaborate with?
That's a tricky one... probably a film maker like Michel Gondry or an animation studio. I really want to see if I can apply my work to new formats rather than just 2D still imagery (give it a couple of years and I may have achieved this)

What is the worst job you have ever had?
The last 'non-creative' job I had was working in a call centre whilst in my first year of uni, never NEVER again! I was called 'crap rate' because I was so laid back and didn't want to force anyone to do a survey, I certainly wasn't cut out for that job. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Bill Murray of course, who else?


What is the greatest song of all time?
I couldn't pick just one song, it's too hard. Though you can listen to my playlist here at: http://www.studiomusic.fm which will give you a hint at some of my favs.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
It's often hard to be completely original, many things have been done before. 

What is the greatest invention of all time? 
These inventions that never saw the light of day (see attached)

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I'd probably want to be touring and playing in a live band, or working outdoors chopping stuff up and being a 'real man'


all images courtesy of www.jack-hudson.com

1 comment: