Wednesday 18 July 2012

Interview: Harikrishnan Panicker


What is you greatest achievement?
Working my way to a design school, working for MTV and being invited to design for the art cover edition of Rolling Stone India and branding AIGA Colorado's Skateboard art fundraiser - Bordo Bello event. However, doing three art shows in Denver with my partner Deepti Nair would be my greatest achievement so far, but I have a feeling the biggest is yet to come :)

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Graphic, zero gravity, fluid, monstrous, bold, young and happy, like a clown throwing up a rainbow!

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Draw more, be fearless, be wild, be free. 
When are you happiest?
When I'm screen printing with my partner Deepti Nair, it's a spectacle... I'm really meticulous and she is destructive and super creative, the results are usually fabulous. 

What is the worst job you have ever had? 
I once did a short stint with an IT company, dullest one month of my life, beige walls, cliché motivational posters staring back at you, shoddy 14" screens, a formal dress code and no music!

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Tough one, any Indian looking chap who can act goofy can fit the part, but Morgan Freeman is narrating for sure!

What is the greatest song of all time?
I don't particularly have a song that defines me, I'm pretty much a free spirt. I listen to any genre, everything and anything and for the past few years I have been listening to a lot of sufi music, it has something that speaks to me. 

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The pace, everything moves so fast. I think somewhere people have forgotten to be patient. 

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Right now in this 104˚F Mid West Summer heat the Air Conditioner is the greatest invention of all time!! But otherwise it's the internet, I'm in awe of how it works and delivers so much in the click of a button. 

If you didn't do what you do what you do what would you do?
Preparing to travel in space or traveling in a flea circus or I'd be a pachydermatologist (I really just really wanted to use that word)


All images courtesy of www.thumbdemon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment