Wednesday 4 July 2012

Interview: Katie Daugherty

What is your greatest achievement?
Nothing huge comes to mind. Maybe that early last year I finally figured out illustration has nothing ti do with being able to draw. But, people embracing my work lately has bee pretty cool too. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Simple, graphic shapes with lots of bright colours and textures.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Start drawing now, it will make your life much easier in the future.

When are you happiest?
When I'm watching cute animal videos. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
I haven't had any terrible jobs, but I did hate pushing credit cards working retail one summer. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Hopefully it would be a live action animal movie and I would be played by a cat.... but really anything that could handle laying in bed watching Netflix could do the job.

What is the greatest song of all time?
Umm, sometimes I listen to Mykonos by Fleet Foxes on Loop.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Ke$ha

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Candy

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I have no idea.... maybe something in fashion.

All images courtesy of www.katiedaugherty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment