Wednesday 25 July 2012

Interview: Zozu Edzech.


What is your greatest achievement?
Uffff! This is not an easy question. I think my greatest achievements are my big mistakes. This is hard to explain. Mistakes are the only way to find the truth.

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
A world of strange and colourful images with abstract meanings. My work is a mix of different techniques: Pencils, brushes, photos, vectors, textures, brilliant colours, 3D objects, typography..... It is a constant investigation of ways and resources to find meanings and emotions.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
I'd advise myself to invent Facebook :P 

When are you happiest?
When a big problem finds a solution, when a solution finds a little problem.

What is the worst job you have ever had? 
When I worked as an operator in a big chain factory production. It was a very hard and boring job. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
This is impossible, my life is very ordinary and quiet. However, there are a lot of films that tell us ordinary and quiet stories. Miranda July is the perfect actress for an ordinary awesome film about my life.

What is the greatest song of all time?
'Buen Día' by Los Planetas. This song is tells the story of a group of friends doing normal daily things.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
The modern consumerism culture. It moves very quickly and is getting bigger than itself. I love this culture but it is becoming a big monster.

What is the greatest invention of all time? 
Communication. We have some many kinds: languages, pictures, architecture, clothes, gestures, and facial expressions. It is the tool of our identity and world progress.

If you didn't do what you do what would you do?
I would work as a bike courier because i love fixies bikes and would ride it through the dark streets of cities. 


All images courtesy of www.zozuedzech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment