Wednesday 29 August 2012

Interview: Tom Clohosy Cole

What is your greatest achievement?
I Climbed Mt Fuji in Japan.

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
I often get asked this question, it's a difficult one. I usually tell people that it's quite 'graphic' but I think the best way to describe it is compositionally considered, fairly colourful and usually involving a silhouette or two.

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Be more confident.

When are you happiest?
When the image I am working on and struggling with suddenly clicks and comes together. 

What is the worst job you have ever had? 
I used to wake up at 4am and cycle to town to unload a lorry for a shop before my uni day started which ruined a fair few days. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Gene Wilder.
What is the greatest song of all time?
Van Morrison - Sweet Thing

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Horror Films.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
The 'Cheese Toastie' machine.

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I'm pretty into Space, I'd love to go.


All images courtesy of www.tomclohosycole.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment