Friday 28 September 2012

Interview: Naomi Wilkinson.

What is your greatest achievement?
I think that whatever happens in the future I'll never be as excited as I was when I got my first proper commission when I finished Uni a couple of months ago. People paying you to draw is the best. 

How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it? 
I would say folksy, fun and influenced by mid century graphics. 

What piece of advice would you give you 15 year old self?
Put that down and turn off that music

When are you happiest?
I'm happiest when on a sunny autumn day when I've got a strong coffee to go, playing some Jake Thackray and I'm at the beginning of a really exciting piece of work or project that I can't wait to start.

What is the worst job you have ever had?
It was working at a University in the medical library coffee and snack kiosk. I was working on my own, it was deadly silent and I served about 3 people a day and they were usually stressed out, rude medical students. 

Who play you in the movie of your life?
Maxine Peake (mainly because I want to be her friend)

What is your karaoke song?
'No Diggity' by Black Street

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Jeremy Clarkson

What is the greatest invention of all time?
The Radio

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I would love to have my own radio show on a station like 6 music (ideally I would like to actually be Jarvis Cocker) 



All images courtesy of www.naomiwilkinson.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment