Wednesday 31 October 2012

Interview: Oliver Lake


What is your greatest achievement?
Greatest achievement so far, would have to be being commissioned to illustrate a series of 6 children's books for Macmillan. Two of which were published today! 

How would you describe your work to someone who hadn't seen it?
The Style is sort of modern/retro and I like making things appeal to children and adults. 

What one piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?  
Try and be more confident.

When are you happiest?
I spend most of my days (and nights) illustrating children's books. So I would say that I'm definitely happiest when I finish work on a book. 

What is the worst job you have ever had?
I've had many bad jobs. The worst was working at HMV in the London Trocadero, due to certain members of management being fairy unpleasant people. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I don't know ... Steven Seagall!



What is your karaoke song?
I get a bit embarrassed by karaoke. I tried singing 'Born to Run' in a pub once when I was drunk with some friends. It was really bad as nine of us knew the words and it's a very difficult song to sing.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
Any TV show with people who will do literally anything to be famous. 

What is the greatest invention of all time?
The internet.

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I often wonder ... maybe I would have tried to be some sort of a musician.



 All images courtesy of www.iotaillustration.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment