Wednesday 21 November 2012

Interview: Tad Carpenter.

What is your greatest achievement?
Tricking my wife into going on a date with me and then to marry me. Professionally, my greatest achievement is just being paid to something I love every single day. I feel so lucky to work in the field we all love. 

How would you describe your work to someone who hadn't seen it?
Playful-ish, whimsical-ish, clever-ish?

What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Keep on making. I knew when I was 15 I wanted to be a designer, illustrator or artist. I would tell myself to keep on creating every single day. The more you make the more you identify with who you are as a maker. 

When are you happiest?
I love spending time with my family. Luckily, my wife, father and mother are artists and designers so we talk about what we are all working on a lot and how we can improve it. It sounds really silly but I love so much what we all get to do for a living and I really am happy when I'm working. 

What is the worst job you have ever had? 
Waiting tables. People like to complain a lot and complain about nothing. I feel I got a lot of that when waiting tables. I was really not that good at the waiting game. 

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Ah Jeez? I have no idea at all? That would be the most boring movie ever! Who do you think? (My Heritage suggested Liam Neeson)


What is your karaoke song?
Baby Got Back? Or anything by Journey or Spingsteen.

What do you dislike most about popular culture?
I really dislike how reality TV stars are everywhere and endorsing everything. I feel like enough is enough there.

What is the greatest invention of all time?
Is the internet a cop out? I would say Thomas Edison did some nice things too.

If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I would love to design furniture, ceramics or even architecture. If it was something totally different I actually love sports and being active. I might do something in that area. 


all images courtesy of www.tadcarpenter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment