Thursday 28 November 2013

Interview with Greg Abbott

What is your greatest achievement?
My career. There's not much I enjoy more than making things so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do something I'm so enthusiastic about for a living. I love that I have the opportunity to learn and try something new every day. It's a real joy to have different goals to work towards all of the time.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Friendly and often character based hand-made illustrations built from simple shapes with limited muted colour palettes. I currently have something specific in mind that I'm aiming for so my work style is varying more than usual whilst I experiment with different techniques and approaches in order to figure it out.
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
Have fun!
When are you happiest?
When I'm excited about something.
When I figure out / learn something new.
When I have a good idea.
When I'm pleased with how a design turned out.
When eating gingerbread.
What is the worst job you have had?
Temp job pushing paper.
What 5 things can't you live without?
(other than general essentials) Family, Drawing, Internet, Mac, Music.
What is the greatest invention of all time?
I'm not sure! Nominees include:
- Houses / Shelter.
- Medicine.
- Useable electricity.
- Comfortable jumpers.
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I wasn't an illustrator, I'd still like to be involved in something creative or design related whether that might be: animation, writing children's picture books, editing film, designing furniture, developing applications, designing user interfaces, sewing, architecture or decorating cakes. I think I'd be happy as long as I could do something productive. I really like organising too so, if there is a such a job, I'm sure I'd be in my element categorising, automating and sorting things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment