Thursday 13 March 2014

Interview with Wayne Pate


What is your greatest achievement?
Being able to create a name for myself  and my work considering I have no formal training. Being "artistic" if you will, is all I've ever known really and things just fell into place.
How would you describe your work/style to someone who hadn't seen it?
Never liked this question but if I have to answer it, I would say it's very graphic and simplistically light hearted in nature. How's that?
What piece of advice would you give your 15 year old self?
It be to stay the course as you are, don't change a thing, otherwise I'd be a different person today. I'm content with any regrets I've had along the way.



When are you happiest?
Being around the table having breakfast with my wife and kids.
What is the worst job you have had?
It would have been during the time I started a t-shirt line and had several partners. It was a very toxic environment and designing graphics/art for the cut throat world of street wear was soulless and it took it's toll. There is nothing from that era that I'm happy about and have never given it much thought since.
Who would play you in the movie of your life? 
No one could pull it off, too complexed! If any one, it would have to be Sean Penn.




What is your karaoke song?
Oh I'm afraid I don't do that sort of thing. My shower song on the other hand at the moment has been The Lodgers by The Style Council
What 5 things can't you live without?
Paper & Ink, Lavender, A good Italian jacket, A beach, A glass of rosé.
What is the greatest invention of all time? 
The camera, hands down
If you didn't do what you do, what would you do?
I would quit what I was doing and do what I do now.





No comments:

Post a Comment